Sunday, June 8, 2014

If I knew then what I know now


"The great aim of education is not knowledge, it's action"  This is one of the quotes in the loop that runs prior to my seminars. We are in a time and culture where the ability to gain new knowledge is staggering. Unfortunately, most feel they "do not have time" to apply the knowledge. We all know we should get more sleep...but we don't. We all know we should eat better...but we don't. We all know we should get more exercise....but we don't.

Merely imparting information, or knowledge is no longer enough. Instilling the motivation to use the knowledge is what's needed. What will it take for you to take action on what you know. What will it take for your co-workers or employees to move forward with the knowledge.

I know I shouldn't check my email every two minutes.
I know I should take my breaks.
I know I should speak calmly when things get crazy.
I know the world will NOT stop spinning if I take some time for my family.
I know ______________________________________________

What are you going to do with your knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment